Baltimore City Community College
An Assistant Professor in Health Information Technology is responsible for:
- Responsibilities in both instruction and/or clinical coordination. Duties involve organizing and providing educational experiences leading to student credentialing and gainful employment as Health Information Technologists, establishing program admission criteria, recruitment of students, instruction in clinical curriculum, and application for and maintenance of accreditation status
- Provide leadership in ensuring thorough faculty evaluation, maintenance of instructional quality and in making sure program standards are followed.
- Provide leadership in the development and evaluation of assessment testing and placement in your program if required
- Provide leadership to develop and/or deliver lecture content on a variety of Health Information Technology topics. Revise curricula to reflect the hospital industry’s expectations for entry level practitioners.
- Develop, and when necessary, revise existing curriculum to reflect currency in Health Information Technology accreditation standards
- Provide lab and/or clinical instruction for Health Information Technology, leadership in preparing program course schedules for fall, spring and summer sessions, online and other delivery formats.
- With the program faculty, procure clinical placement for students and evaluate the effectiveness of the same to ensure successful student outcomes
- Organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development and general effectiveness of clinical experiences for students enrolled in the Health Information Technology program
- Plan and implement retention strategies to increase enrollment in the Health Information Technology program
- Coordinate with the Associate Dean teaching assignments for full-time and adjunct faculty ; assist the Associate Dean with the recruitment, hiring , training and mentoring of full-time and adjunct faculty within the program
- Participate in required faculty and department meetings, as well as meeting of college committees and Advisory Board of the program
- Perform other additional duties as agreed by the Associate Dean.
Employees in this classification receive supervision from the Associate Dean of Health Professions.
- Registered Health Information Administrator [RHIA] or Registered Health Information Technician [RHIT] and/or Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Three years of work experience in medical coding, billing, records management and/or IT/IS
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Absent a Master’s degree, the faculty member will be required to develop and follow a plan to earn a Master’s degree
- Previous teaching experience is highly desirable
- Experience with curriculum development, using instructional technology and distance learning is preferred
Apply Online: http://bccc.balancetrak.com/2017082