United Urology Group
United Urology is the premier urology practice in the country, offering the most state-of-the-art urology care available nationwide. Composed of 120 of the nation’s top urologists, United Urology features the convenience of 50 office locations and 19 surgery centers in Maryland, Tennessee, Colorado and Delaware.
The Medical Auditor, CPMA, based out of Owings Mills, Maryland, is responsible for identifying, analyzing and reporting documentation and coding areas of concern and assisting in the ongoing education of providers and professional billing staff as it relates to government and third party payer correct coding and documentation requirements. The Medical Auditor, CPMA will act as a resource for the billing department and work towards improving the accuracy of medical records coding and documentation.
Medical Auditor – CPMA – Responsibilities:
- Periodically conduct independent reviews of CPT-4 and ICD-10 codes selected by coders and providers for medical necessity and documentation requirements
- Accurately analyze and report medical review results and communicate findings with identified staff members.
- Develop and implement an auditing process by creating internal reports and procedures.
- Identify trends or areas of concern with provider documentation and coding patterns and recommend corrective action
- Assist in constant and periodical training of professional billing staff and providers related to third party payer documentation and coding requirements
- Collaborate with the Coding Manager and Compliance Team as needed
- Assesses, coordinates and prepares medical appeals related to commercial and federal coding or billing recovery reviews and audits.
- Evaluate and assess coding and documentation practices of newly acquired physicians and clinical staff
- Perform other office duties as assigned by manager.
Medical Auditor – CPMA – Requirements:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of five (5) years Medical Billing and insurance claim filing experience
- Minimum 7 years certified coding experience, with five (5) years coding multiple specialties and inpatient/outpatient surgeries preferred
- Certified Professional Coding license required
- Certified Professional Medical Auditor – CPMA license required
- Familiarity with medical billing software.
In addition to competitive salaries, United Urology offers:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K Plan with an employer contribution
- PTO Accrual
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Massage Memberships
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Free Parking
- Regular business hours, Monday to Friday – your weekends are free!
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply via our website.