Johns Hopkins Health System
This position is critical to the ongoing support of Corporate Chargemaster (CDM) Services throughout the Health System. ‘The CDM Coordinator will report to the Chargemaster Manager and assist with implementation and maintenance of EPIC EAP Master file for the Johns Hopkins Health System; 2) Ensures all EPIC systems and subsystems are updated with the most recent CPT Codes and complies with all federal and state charging rules. 3) Work with EPIC Application Coordinators to ensure all charge capture applications and tools are updated; 4) Work with Compliance to research, design and implement charge code and charge structure improvements and participate in ongoing coordination and resolution of revenue issues 5) conducts billing audits of target clinics and outpatient departments; 6) assist patient financial-services in CDM related and claim problem resolutions.
Under the direction of the Director, Case Mix Information Management, the incumbent is responsible for the maintenance of the JHH Charge Description Master (CDM) this includes: 1) Working with administrative / clinical management of departments to review / revise the CDM and charge tickets; 2) Conducting training sessions for clinical personnel on proper charge entry; 3) Communicating to clinical administration changes in coding and billing requirements; 4) Assisting clinical administration in implementation of CDM changes; 5) Assisting patient financial services in CDM-related and claim problem resolutions; 6) Coordinating all necessary activities to ensure up to date CDM and charge tickets and communicating regulatory changes pertinent to each specific department across JHH Outpatient Departments
- One of the following certifications is required: CPC-H CPC, CCS.
- Minimum of 4 years of coding, compliance and/or clinical documentation experience in an acute hospital environment.
- Requires strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of hospital management and staff is essential.
- Require strong analytical skills to be able to reconcile HSCRC and Government requirements pertinent to the maintenance of the CDM and implement them in clinical environment.
- Requires a complete and thorough understanding of ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, and UB92 codes along with their assignment and compatibility.
Requires High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates degree strongly preferred.
Medical and dental benefits, 401 K
Instructions for Resume Submission:
This is not a remote position. The employee will be required to travel to our office location at Keswick.
For additional information, please, email any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org 443-690-8065.