University of Maryland Capital Region Health
University of Maryland Capital Region Health (UMCRH) is searching for an experienced Coding Auditor to review the coding of diagnoses and procedures on inpatient/outpatient charts; ensuring that they adhere to coding guidelines of ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 principles and hospital guidelines.
You’ll maintain compliance with all Federal and state guidelines in relation to diagnostic coding, reimbursement, research and statistics as well as audit coding, data collection and analysis for quality purposes.
- Current RHIT, RHIA, CCS or CCS-P accreditation from AHIMA
- At least 8 yrs of coding experience in an acute care setting that includes 3 yrs of ICD-10-CM and CPT coding and abstracting experience
- Minimum of 2 yrs experience in auditing inpatient and ambulatory/outpatient records
- 3 yrs experience in the interpretation and analysis of quantitative and qualitative statistical reporting
- Associate’s degree in Health Information Technology or an Independent Program in Health Information Technology (ISP/HIT)
- 3 yrs experience with DRG’s and understanding of APR’s/APC preferred
As a member of UMCRH, you’ll receive a competitive salary while working in an environment that challenges and rewards you for your contributions.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Learn more about this position and submit your resume at:
UM Capital Region Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply Online: https://jobs-umcapital.icims.com/jobs/4253/coding-auditor-(ahima-certification)/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=720&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240