Prince George’s Community College
Prince George’s Community College invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Health Information Management beginning in Fall 2021 (pending budget approval).Continuing Tenure Track: Faculty hired on 2-year conditional track, upon successful performance and evaluation, the hires may continue towards tenure track, and is renewable each year for two years.
The following criteria will be used to review the applications of those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and to select those who will be invited for an interview. Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview will be asked to demonstrate their teaching effectiveness in a simulated classroom, laboratory, or other relevant pedagogical situation, the conditions of which will be determined in advance and shared with all candidates prior to the interview. In addition to the criteria listed below, other information gained from, and observations made during, the interview process, including the review committee’s assessment of a simulated teaching performance, may be considered in selecting candidates to be recommended for appointment.
- Extent and relevance of undergraduate/graduate educational preparation to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Extent and relevance of teaching experience to anticipated teaching assignments (in-person, online, hybrid, remote) to include use of standard learning management systems (e.g. Blackboard).
- Extent and relevance of non-teaching professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments for both classroom and within clinical settings.
- Evidence of quality teaching, including faculty evaluation scores and rating, teaching awards earned, courses designed, developed, and/or revised, etc.
- Evidence of knowledge of and experience in employing instructional methods and techniques appropriate to difference student learning styles.
- Evidence of currency in professional discipline through continuing education, professional development, and/or scholarly activity.
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student population and campus environment.
- Extent of pertinent work experience in Health Information Management, to include management experience, quality improvement procedures, technology, and health information operations.
- Extent of familiarity with philosophy and goals of a comprehensive community college.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management or Informatics or a related medical field, Masters preferred
- Current credential recognized by American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) such as Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) and/or Certified Coding Specialist, Physician Based (CCS-P), C is also preferred.
- Three years’ work experience with technology common in medical/clinical practice and teaching; an equivalent combination of teaching and work experience may be considered.
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management or Informatics or a related medical field, Masters preferred.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
- This position is open until filled.
- Teaching Demonstration: Candidates who are invited for an interview will be asked to demonstrate their teaching effectiveness in a simulated classroom, laboratory, or other relevant pedagogical situation, the conditions of which will be determined in advance and shared with all candidates prior to the interview.
- Letters of Recommendations: Can be uploaded during the application process or submitted prior to scheduled interview.
- Application Status: You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is immediately sent to your references listed on your application. Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background investigation.
- Please address your ability to meet the minimum qualifications and criteria in your cover letter.
The college is currently in a Modified Academic and Business Operation (MABO) model, which means some of the work is being performed from remote locations. When the conditions permit, based on CDC and College Administrator’s guidelines, employees will be required to resume their work on campus as directed by management. This position is located in the state of Maryland.
Apply Online: https://pgcc.peopleadmin.com/hr/postings/8989