|MdHIMA will once again sponsor a Silent Auction at their 2017 Annual Meeting, on Thursday, May 11, 2017 at the Sheraton Columbia, MD. MdHIMA is a non-profit [Section 501C-6] and funds raised through the Silent Auction, will be specifically used for our scholarship fund in order to encourage and promote ongoing education and professional development for MdHIMA student members currently enrolled in a Health Information Management Program within Maryland.|
Currently, we are requesting the support and participation from businesses and entertainment industries, like you, to donate items such as, but not limited to:
- Free admission tickets for theaters, entertainment tours, plays, museums, sports events, etc.;
- Gift certificates from your place of business (i.e. Spa treatments; Facial & Manicures; technology items; home good items; memorabilia), gym memberships, etc.;
- Merchandise, such as appliances, i-pads, Kindles, work-out equipment or technology items (i.e. Fit Bits, watches, etc.) lamps, jewelry, bags, home decor, candles, etc.;.
- Complimentary free dinners, promotional certificates and services from hotels, airlines, recreation, tours, etc.
Please remember, all donations are tax deductible. Your support is needed in order for us to continue providing scholarships, professional development workshops and training, which assist in the organizations goal of educating our students and members.
We appreciate any and all support that may have been given to us in previous years and look forward to your continuing to help us in this endeavor. If you have not supported us in the past, please know how appreciative we are to have you join us in this endeavor for 2017. It is important to note that all Donors will be mentioned in our Program Journal and/or other advertised literature.
We ask that you:
- Please complete the attached form no later than Friday, April 28, 2017.
- All items being donated for the Silent Auction be provided to us on and/or before Saturday, May 6, 2017, in order to display in the appropriate manner and to be able acknowledge all donors as indicated, either in the Program Journal and/or other advertising means (i.e. Web Site, Video, etc. Your adhering to these guidelines is imperative to the smooth process and ask that items are not given to us on day of the event.