AHIMA Foundation announces
Registered Apprenticeship Program – Employers
Apprenticeships are the Future of HIM!
Is your company seeking solutions to the training and development of employees or additional support to assist your organization in advancing healthcare technology? Consider connecting with AHIMA’s Registered HIM Apprenticeship Program. Apprenticeships are paid positions that bridge education and employment.
Apprenticeships help sponsors:
- Prepare the next generation of HIM professionals hired in your organization
- Attract new talent with the right education, skills, and credentials
- Develop associates for your organization with skills to keep pace with advances in healthcare technology
Apprenticeships: An Effective Workforce Planning Model For Employers
Searching for an effective workforce planning model? Discover how Registered Apprenticeship can be a very effective component of a health systems’ human resource strategy and a talent development pathway for workers to gain the skills and credentials that put them on a path to successful careers – a win-win situation for your organization.
September 18 | Noon – 1PM (CT)
October 16 | Noon – 1PM (CT)
December 11 | Noon – 1PM (CT)
Missed the webinar? View and download the slide deck.
AHIMA and AHIMA Foundation’s National Guidelines for Apprenticeship Standard were certified by the United States Department of Labor (DoL). The certification of the guidelines will help to bridge the gap for graduating or post-certification student seeking a career in HIM through paid apprenticeships, which will provide a clear pathway to full-time employment. The Foundation acts as a bridge between interested employers (sponsors), apprentices, and the Employment and Training Administration of the Department of Labor. The foundation has developed the following apprenticeship roles:
- Medical Coder/Biller leading to a CCA (current staff only)
- HIM Hospital Coder (can lead to a CCS for Coders that do not already have that credential)
- HIM Professional Fee Coder (can lead to a CCS-P for Coders that do not already have that credential)
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist leading to a CDIP
- HIM Data Analyst leading to a CHDA
- Privacy & Security officer leading to a CHPS
- Submitted for approval: HIM Inpatient Coding Auditor
Please visit the website for qualifications for the online training and to register for the next interested employers Webinar on 09/18/18.There are currently 201 apprentices in 52 hospitals/healthcare organizations across the country so please contact the foundation to learn how the Program can benefit your facility. You can now be registered directly the foundation or through your DOL State office.
Senior Manager, Grants & Sponsored Programs: Bonnie Aguda
AHIMA Foundation | An affiliate of American Health Information Management Association
233 N. Michigan Ave., 21st Floor | Chicago, IL 60601-5809 | USA
Phone: 1-312-233-1175 | Fax: 1-312-233-1537