University of Maryland Capital Region Health
Radiology Information System Administrator
The Radiology Information System Administrator is responsible to plan, design and maintain the Radiology Information System (RIS). Position reports to the Director of Imaging Services with an indirect reporting structure to MIS. Provides daily support for system maintenance. Works with physicians and staff to ensure optimal work flow. Accountable for system administration of the Radiology Information System, PACS and Dictation System along with integration to other systems. Expected to assist business operations to utilize information systems to improve efficiency, as well as determine and recommend improvements in current standards and implementation of system changes. Develops and maintains effective relationship with systems and vendors.
- Three years of relevant experience in Radiology/Imaging Services system management and system integration required.
- Strong computer skills to include knowledge of MS office, and other related IT systems knowledge required.
- Database management and basic programming skills preferred
- Minimum of one-year experience installing/managing a Radiology Information System or other pertinent Health Care system(s) preferred.
Education and/or Classes:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in information technology, health care, radiology or related area.
- Five years of experience in health care clinical areas required.
- Three years with system implementation, maintenance, documentation and training with radiology or similar system required.
- Knowledge of radiology PACS & RIS systems and personal computer applications required to include word, excel, and power point.
- Prefer previous SQL and/or CCL experience.
License, Certification and/or Designation:
- Certification in an Allied Health Science Profession required.
- ARRT strongly preferred or other Health Care Science Profession (i.e.: RN, RT, PT) preferred.
- Vendor trained certification in RIS application must be obtained within (12) months of start date.
UMCRH is the second largest employer in Prince George’s County, committed to serving our community for over 65 years.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
For more information, forward your resume or apply online at: https://jobs-umcapital.icims.com/jobs/4502/radiology-information-system-administrator/job
UM Capital Region Health is an equal opportunity employer.